How to Make Almond Milk
by Elizabeth Atia -
Raw foodie Heather Moncrieff, Scotland's only certified raw gourmet vegan food chef trained at the Living Light Culinary Institute, the world's premiere raw food school in Ft. Bragg, California, teaches us how to make home made almond milk in a blender.
Heather uses her almond milk to replace dairy in most recipes, including her mouthwatering raw vegan lemon cheesecake with a chocolate coconut almond crust. You can read more about Heather and her journey to a 100% raw, plant based diet, here.
To save waste, Heather keeps the almond pulp left over after straining, freezing it until she has six bags' worth, and she then makes almond bread in her dehydrator.
How To Make Almond Milk
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Raw almonds - 2 cups
- Medjool dates - 2 (optional)
- Vanilla extract - 1 drop
- Water - 4 cups
- Himalayan crystal salt - 1 pinch
- Soak the almonds in plenty of water overnight.
- Drain, rinse well, and place in a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Process until well blended.
- Pour the almond mixture into a nut milk bag suspended over a bowl or wide mouthed jug.
- Milk the bag like you would a cow!
- Decant the milk into a sealable container and store in the refrigerator until needed.