Tray-Baked Shetland Salmon
Servings: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Shetland salmon fillets - 4 225 gram
- Fine green beans - 200 gram (trimmed)
- Cherry tomatoes on the vine - 250 grams
- Kalamata olives - 125 grams
- Forestiere mushrooms - 125 grams (halved)
- Lemons - 2
- Olive oil - 3 tbsp
- Fresh thyme sprigs - handful
- Fresh basil leaves - handful
- Sea salt -
- Freshly ground black pepper -
- Place a large baking tray in the oven and heat oven to its highest temperature (around 230 C)
- Meanwhile, bring a kettle to the boil. Pour the boiling water into a medium sized saucepan and blanch the green beans over a medium heat for four minutes. Drain and place beans into a large bowl.
- Add the kalamata olives, cherry tomatoes on the vine and halved mushrooms to the bowl and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Season well with sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Wash salmon fillets and pat dry with paper towel.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon over the salmon fillets and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- When the oven has reached the correct temperature remove the baking tray and carefully but quickly place the salmon fillets at one end and the vegetables at the other. Sprinkle the fresh thyme over the top.
- Return baking tray to oven and bake for 10 minutes (12 if your fillets are slightly larger or thicker).
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil and serve immediately with some crusty bread and the remaining lemon cut into wedges.