Potato and Lovage Soup
Servings: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Onions - 2 large (sliced)
- Old potatoes - 4 large
- Lovage - 2 sprigs
- Chicken stock - 1 litre (water or vegetable stock can be used)
- Shetland Dairies double cream - 150 ml
- Shetland Dairies milk - 100 ml
- Shetland butter - 50 grams
- Melt the butter in a large pan,add sliced onions . Sweat until soft.(that is turn the heat down low and pop a lid on the pan, the onions will soften but not colour)
- Add peeled and sliced potatoes, coat with the butter and add chicken stock, salt and pepper.Put the lid on and bring to the boil.Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped lovage, then liquidize to make smooth
- Return to the heat, taste adjust consistency, if necessary ,add the cream and serve
- If serving chilled leave to cool to room temperature and then refridgerate.When serving, add a swirl of cream and a sprig of lovage to decorate.
The soup is also good when served with a few croutons to give contrast to the smooth creamy texture.