Brenda Scollay's Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Plain flour - 4 oz
- Caster sugar - 2 oz
- Cream of tartar - 1 rounded tsp
- Bicarbonate of soda - 1 level tsp
- Shetland hens' egg - 1
- Shetland Dairies milk - 1/4 pint
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cream of tartar and bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Drop by the spoonful on a lightly greased pan over a medium-high heat and cook for a minute or so, or until bubbles start to form. Flip over just before the bubbles burst, and cook for a further minute, until browned and risen.
- Serve with butter and jam!