1. Eligibility: The spring photography competition is open to anyone who lives in Shetland. Under 18s must get permission from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. NB Communication Ltd employees and those who are contracted to work for Promote Shetland are not eligible to enter.
2. Agreement to rules: By participating, you agree to be bound by these rules and meet the eligibility requirements mentioned above. Further, you agree to accept the decisions made by Promote Shetland as final and binding as it relates to the content.
3. Entry and closing dates: Entries will be accepted as soon as the competition is live on Shetland.org from 12.00pm Monday 19 April. All entries must be received by the closing date: 11.59pm on Sunday 16 May.
4. How to enter: To enter the competition, you must share a photo on social media (Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) and use the hashtags #SpringInShetland and #PromoteShetland. Note you can enter multiple times, as long as you use the hashtags above.
5. Image subject permissions: By submitting your entry you warrant that all persons featured in your photograph(s) have given you their express consent for their image to be used and, in the case of vulnerable adults or persons under 18 years of age, you warrant that you have obtained express consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s).
6. Image manipulation: You can use digital manipulation to optimise an image, but you are not permitted to add or remove key elements of the composition. Judges have the discretion to reject any image which has been, in their opinion, over-manipulated, removing the integrity of the original image.
7. Wildlife protection: By submitting an entry, you warrant that no wildlife was harmed or manipulated in the making of the image.
8. Intellectual property rights: The entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all images entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not the organisers, to ensure that they comply with these ownership and copyright requirements, and own the rights to reproduction of their images. Entries that do not fulfil these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified. Where this is discovered after the prize has been awarded, the prize must be returned or refunded by the entrant. Entrants agree to fully indemnify Promote Shetland and its sponsors and employees in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of the entrant breaching any of the foregoing.
9. Agreed to: You agree to grant the Promote Shetland a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for any legitimate purposes, including, but not limited to, marketing (e.g. newsletters, blogs and social media), publicity, advertising, fundraising and presentations.
10. Prizes: The winner will receive a £100 voucher to spend at the Camera Centre, 72 Commercial St., Lerwick, Shetland ZE1 0DL. No cash or other prize substitution will be offered and the prize is non-transferable. By accepting the prize, the winner permits Promote Shetland to use the winner's name on social media to promote the winning photograph.
11. Winner: All of the entries will be collated by Promote Shetland and shortlist of 10 photographs will be selected. The final winner will be chosen by Ben Mullay from the Camera Centre. The winner will be notified via social media on or before Monday 24 May and the Camera Centre will arrange to have the prize sent to the winner's address. If the winner fails to claim the prize within two weeks from the time of the award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and another winner selected.
12. Terms: Promote Shetland reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the contest should anything or anyone affect the administration, security, fairness, or conduct of the competition. Promote Shetland also reserves the right to disqualify any individual who attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the competition or website or violates the Terms and Conditions. Promote Shetland has the right to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void entries for any reason.
13. Limitations of liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold Promote Shetland, its employees, and affiliates harmless from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly.
15. Competition law: The competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland, and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
Promote Shetland reserves the right to update these Terms & Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website www.shetland.org.