Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
125ml Shetland cream
3 egg yolks (the eggs should be as fresh as possible)
30g caster sugar
2 tbsp rum
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Whip the cream in a large bowl and set aside.
- Sit another bowl over a saucepan of hot water - bring the water to a simmer but then remove it from the heat. Note: the bowl should sit tightly in the pan so that it is stable but the base of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Put the egg yolks, sugar and rum into the bowl and whisk until very pale, thick and creamy. It’s best to use an electric beater for this as it will take 5-10 minutes.
- Use a spatula to add the egg mixture to the whipped cream, gently folding the two together.
- Spoon your Whipkül into individual serving dishes, dust with freshly grated nutmeg and enjoy!
Note: This is a very quick and easy dessert but it doesn’t keep well, so it is best prepared and eaten straight away. It will however keep in the fridge for a few hours, if you do want to prepare it in advance.