Shetland is not all about amazing wildlife and natural beauty (although we have got plenty of that) but is also home to a thriving and diverse economy, making it an ideal place to work as a planner.
The islands provide a strategic hub for a wide range of established and emerging industries including a spaceport in Unst, onshore and offshore renewables, aquaculture, and nationally significant energy projects.
A career in Shetland's planning service could see you working across several of those sectors while living in a spectacular location.
Benefits of working as a planner in Shetland
- Distant islands allowance and relocation package.
- Varied workload and excellent career development opportunities.
- Learn on the job and gain experience working on major developments.
- A chance to work across a range of island communities.
- Enjoy a stress-free commute to work.
- Exceptional work/life balance.
If you are intrigued about the chance of working in a beautiful yet vibrant archipelago, then get in touch to learn more.
To discuss the opportunities in the planning service, please contact:
- Iain McDiarmid, Executive Manager – Planning • 01595 744813 • firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shetland Islands Council's human resources service can provide more details about recruitment, including questions regarding relocation – 01595 744032.