Shetlanders themselves might not be the most romantic in the world (mostly due to shyness) but there's plenty of romantic ways to spend Valentines in Shetland. When I asked around most people wouldn't go on record as to how romantic they were, they did share with me some ideas on how to spend Valentines in Shetland.
1. A romantic meal for 2 (this provides a fairly safe bet, most of the restaurants lay on a special menu)
2. A stroll along a deserted beach (this might be windswept and interesting too).
3. A romantic weekend break at Busta House Hotel, always works a charm (and is a popular wedding venue too, for those of you who are "serious")
4. Say it with chocolates! The Shetland Fudge Company offers a fantastic selection.
5. Buy something pretty from one of Shetland's jewellers. I love the "peerie smoorikins'range from Shetland Jewellery (peerie smoorikins means little kisses).
6. Propose! There's so many scenic places in Shetland to pop the question from Ronas Hill, to St Ninians Isle.