Alan Crowe's Dog Biscuits for Toby
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Plain flour - 9 oz
- Wholemeal flour - 4 oz
- Polenta - 4 oz
- Dried skimmed milk powder - 2 oz
- Beef stock - 0.5 pint
- Combine ingredients together in a large bowl (or electric mixer) and knead well until thoroughly combined. (Alan uses the dough hook on his electric mixer.)
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half out to 1/4 inch thickness and place on two baking trays.
- Score into 1.5 inch squares or, alternatively, cut with shaped biscuit cutter before placing on the baking tray.
- Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes, then remove the trays from the oven, turn the biscuits over and around and bake on the other side for 20 -25 minutes longer.
- Switch the oven off and leave the biscuits to cool and harden inside overnight.
- Store in an airtight container. Makes enough dog biscuits to last approximately two weeks.