"The Shetland" Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
- All wheat westside cob - 1 450 gram
- Monterey mild Shetland cheese - 225 grams
- Shetland Dairies butter -
- Slice bread into 1 cm thick slices and generously butter one side of each slice.
- Grate the Monterey Mild Shetland cheese (use the larger side of the cheese grater).
- If you have a grill, assemble the sandwich with the buttered sides of the bread on the outside. Pile up that cheese, don't be stingy! Grill for 4 minutes until the bread is browned and toasted and the cheese has melted.
- If you don't have a grill, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Place one slice of bread, buttered side down, on the hot pan, load with the grated cheese and top with the other slice of bread, buttered side up. Fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately with a nice tomato and basil soup.