Servings: 6 people
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
- Shetland lamb flank - 1 (chopped)
- Shetland tatties - (peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices)
- Carrots - (sliced)
- Onion - (chopped)
- Scalloway butchers black pudding - 1 (chopped)
- Heinz baked beans - 415 gram tin (optional but all Alan's family include this)
- Cayenne pepper - (to taste)
- Lamb stock - (or beef)
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4 (180 C/ 350 F) and butter a large casserole dish.
- Place a layer of sliced potatoes at the bottom of your casserole dish and sprinkle with cayenne pepper, if desired.
- Sprinkle over a layer of chopped onion followed by a layer of chopped lamb flank, chopped black pudding, baked beans and sliced carrots.
- Repeat with layers of tattie (cayenne), onion, lamb, black pudding, beans and carrots until you've filled the casserole dish, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour enough stock over the casserole to just cover, pop the lid on the casserole dish and bake in the oven for one hour, at least. Switch the heat down to gas mark 2 (150 C/ 300 F) if you want to leave it to slow cook for longer. Remove lid for the final half hour to crisp up the potatoes on the top.
- Serve with plenty of bread to mop up the juices.