Sticky Toffee Pudding
Servings: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
IngredientsFor the cake
- butter - 55 grams (plus extra for greasing)
- demerara sugar - 170 grams
- golden syrup - 1 tbsp
- eggs - 2
- black treacle - 2 tbsp
- self-raising flour - 200 grams
- pitted dates - 200 grams
- boiling water - 290 ml
- bicarbonate of soda - 1 tsp
- vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- muscovado sugar - 125 grams
- butter - 125 grams
- tin of evaporated milk - 1 small
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Grease and flour a baking dish.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a food processor until pale and fluffy. Add the golden syrup, treacle and eggs, a little at a time, and blend until smooth. Add the flour and blend, at a low speed, until well combined. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, blend the dates and boiling water in a food processor to a smooth puree. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda and vanilla.
- Pour the date mixture into the pudding batter and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is springy and golden-brown.
- To make the sauce, heat all of the ingredients in a pan, stirring occasionally, until boiling.
- Serve slices of the cake with lashing of hot sticky toffee sauce.