Rhubarb, Ginger and Orange Jam
Servings: 8 jars - medium sized
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Rhubarb - 2 kilos (cut into 1cm lengths)
- Granulated sugar - 2 kilos
- Ground ginger - 2 level tsp
- Crystallised stem ginger - 100 grams (cut into 1cm pieces)
- Orange peel - half small (finely chopped)
- Cover rhubarb with sugar and stand overnight in a large bowl at room temperature.
- Tip into a large pan and bring slowly to the boil stirring occasionally. Boil for about 20 minutes until thick.
- Prepare the orange if using and simmer in 5cm water for 15 minutes until soft.
- Prepare your ginger...... Add orange and/or ginger for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Wash and sterilise about 8 jars in the oven at 100 degrees Celsius.
- Pot the jam and allow to cool before putting on lids.