Servings: 6 jars - medium sized
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Rhubarb - 1 kilo (wiped and cut into 1cm pieces)
- Onion - 1 large (chopped)
- Garlic - 2 cloves (finely chopped)
- Sultanas - 200 grams
- Dates - 200 grams (cooking quality)
- Fresh root ginger - 50 grams (peeled and finely chopped)
- Cinnamon stick - 50 cm (whole)
- Cloves - 5 (whole)
- Salt - 1 level tsp
- Malt vinegar - 300 ml
- Demerara sugar - 600 grams
- Put all ingredients into a very large stainless steel pan.
- Slowly bring to the boil and simmer over a low heat for about an hour until the mixture is thick, stirring well from time to time.
- That's it!
- Allow to cool slightly, then put into sterilised jars and put lids on when cold.