No Knead Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- strong bread flour - 430 grams
- salt - 8 grams
- instant dried yeast - 1 gram
- lukewarm water - 340 grams
- Combine all the ingredients together to form a wet, sticky dough.
- Leave the dough to rise, covered, for 12 to 18 hours until it has doubled in size and is covered in bubbles.
- Scrape the dough onto a floured surface and leave it to rise, covered,P for a further hour or two.
- Preheat a cast iron pot to 230 C. When the bread has risen, drop it into the pot, pop the lid on and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid of the pot and bake for a further 15-30 minutes, until the crust is lovely and golden.
- Remove the bread from the pot and leave to cool for at least an hour before eating.