Creamy Vanilla Fudge
Servings: 36 squares
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Shetland butter - 3 oz
- White chocolate - 13 oz
- Light brown sugar - 11 oz
- Evaporated milk - 170 gram tin
- White marshmallows - 8 oz
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Salt - pinch
- Grease an 8" square tin and set aside.
- Chop your white chocolate finely.
- Put butter, sugar, evaporated milk and salt into a large pan and heat gently - Stirling occasionally until the sugar has dissolved.
- Then stir in the marshmallows and turn up the heat (but don't let it boil at this point) stirring until the marshmallows have melted (8-10mins).
- Bring the mixture up to the boil now and bubble for 5-10 mins, stir frequently until the mixture darkens to a medium caramel colour and thickens slightly, then take it off the heat and stir in your vanilla and white chocolate - try to do this quickly as it thickens up more at this point.
- Place into your greased 8" tin and set aside or in the fridge for at least 3 hours to firm up. When cooled completely, cut into squares and serve.