From Roer Mill ascend Heoga Neap for spectacular views of both hill and coast, then skirting the cliffs above Raa Wick descend the broad headland of Grut Ness down to the inlets of Wilgi Geos. The rocks in the Sand Voe to Uyea area are 2500 million-year-old gneisses. Mostly granite-like in origin these rocks have experienced numerous upheavals in the Earth's crust or 'mountain building events', that have deformed and metamorphosed the rocks. At Wilgi Geos these rocks have been spectacularly cut by later injections of magma to form the contrasting red and black composite dykes.
From Wilgi Geos ascend and descend Calder’s Head then follow the cliffs west around the north shoulder of North Hill passing the ruined croft of Brevligarth. A track takes you from North Hill down to the ruined crofting toonship of Uyea. In 1851 all 11 houses were occupied but most were derelict by 1906.
Leaving Uyea crofts head north past the cliffs of The Breck then west to the ruins of Uyea Haaf station lodges at North Wick. The sixareens left from Uyea but returned with their catches to Roermill. Follow North Wick around to Uyea Ayre. This is the sand bar (tombolo) across the mouth of Burrier Wick and is covered at the highest tides. Follow the cliffs south around The Ness to get great view of the opposite shore of Uyea.