So Far Away. So Close
- Perfectly positioned to reap the renewable benefits of the North Atlantic and North Sea.
- Nearest the oil and gas fields of the North Sea for service and decommissioning.
- The only practical base for exploration and development in the Atlantic.
- Superfast broadband is now available via the fibreoptic cable connecting Faroe, Shetland and the UK mainland.
- Government approval for the Viking Energy windfarm means a 600 megawatt interconnector cable will open up the mainland market.
* And it's official: the best place to live in rural Scotland!