Shetland Seafood Spaghetti
Servings: 6 people
- Shetland mussels - 900 grams
- Leeks - 2
- Onion - 1 (peeled)
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 1 clove (crushed)
- Saffron threads - large pinch
- Spaghetti - 350 grams
- Salt and pepper -
- Dry white wine - 200 ml
- Shetland double cream - 150 ml
- Chopped parsley - 45 ml
- Shetland prawns/langoustine - 225 grams
- Shetland scallops - 6 large
- Chopped parsley - (to garnish)
- Clean the Shetland mussels and discard any that are open.
- Thinly slice the leeks; finely chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks, onion, garlic and saffron and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Cover the pan, lower the heat and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Cook spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, add the wine, cream and parsley to the leek mixture. Bring to the boil for a few minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the seafood, re-cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan frequently, until the mussels have opened and the prawns are cooked. Discard any mussels that stay closed.
- Spoon seafood mixture over the cooked spaghetti, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.