Servings: 4-5 people
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- olive oil - 4 tbsp
- onion - 1 (chopped)
- garlic cloves - 2 (chopped)
- chorizo - 150 grams (chopped)
- red bell pepper - 1 (chopped)
- Spanish rice - 425 grams
- white wine - 125 ml
- fish stock - 1 litre
- smoked paprika - tsp
- saffron threads - pinch
- fish and shellfish - (eg: mussels, scallops, langoustine, clams, monkfish)
- rosemary - 1 branch (leaves only)
- lemon wedges - (to serve)
- fresh parsley - (to serve)
- Heat oil, add onions, garlic, chorizo and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until onions are translucent then add the rice and stir well
- Add the wine and allow to evaporate. Add the stock , paprika and saffron. Submerge the fish and shellfish into the mix. Scatter over rosemary leaves and simmer for 20 mins on a medium heat. Stir occasionally to stop rice from sticking.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and lots of fresh parsley.
The amount of fresh fish and shellfish you will need varies depending on what you use. Ask your local fishmonger for how much to serve per person.