Red Dragon Pie
Servings: 4 very generous servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Stewing beef - 1 lb (cubed)
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red onions - 2 (diced)
- Red pepper - 1 (diced)
- Carrot - 1 large (diced)
- Fresh red chilli - 1 ((optional))
- Chopped tomatoes - 1 400g tin
- Beef stock - 1 pint
- Ready made puff pastry - 1 packet
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saute pan over a medium-high. Add the stewing beef and chilli powder and brown on all sides.
- Add all the diced vegetables and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add the beef stock, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30-45 minutes, until the liquid is reduced and you have a nice thick gravy.
- Spoon the mixture in a pie plate and top with puff pastry. Using a knife poke some air vents in the top of the pastry.
- Bake for the time specified on the puff pastry packet, usually 220 C for 15 minutes.