Kevin's Reestit Mutton Soup Recipe
Servings: 6 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Reestit mutton -
- White cabbage - (finely chopped)
- Carrots - (finely chopped)
- Neeps - (finely chopped)
- Potatoes - (Kerr Pinks or Rooster, diced)
- Boil the reestit mutton in plenty of water for 10 minutes.
- Pour the water off and discard. Place the reestit mutton in fresh water, bring to the boil and boil for 15 minutes.
- Take the water out and put it in another pan along with the chopped up ordinary white cabbage. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the diced carrots and neeps, and boil for 10 minutes. Some folk add diced onion at this stage, Kevin says, but he doesn't as "it gives him the heartburn".
- Dice up the potatoes and add to the pot along with the chopped up reestit mutton. Boil until it's ready!