Granny Inkster's Oatcakes
Servings: 20 oatcakes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Medium oatmeal - 8 oz
- White self raising flour - 4 oz
- Wholemeal self raising flour - 4 oz
- White sugar - 2 oz
- Margarine - 6 oz
- Egg - 1 large
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Then rub in the margarine or melt it and stir it in (notice not to do this if it's hot).
- Beat the egg and stir that in.
- Divide mixture in two and roll out on a board or table which has been sprinkled with oatmeal.
- Cut into ten pieces each and lift carefully with fish slice on to the baking trays.
- Have your oven preheated to 350 F/180 C and if it's a fan oven 170 C
- Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes
Granny's notes: If they are not crisp enough the first time just cook a bit longer when you make them again.Charmaine's notes: Scottish porridge oats work well in this instead of medium oatmeal.