Goat's Cheese & Taing Tartlets
Servings: 12 tartlets
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Shortcrust pastry - 200 grams (shop bought or home made)
- Goats cheese - 175 grams (or other soft cheese i.e. Ninian's)
- Egg yolk - 1
- Shetland Dairies double cream - 1-2 tbsp
- Sea salt -
- Freshly ground black pepper -
- Taing onion marmalade - 6 tsp
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into 3 inch rounds and press gently into the bottom of a 12 hole muffin tin or tart tin.
- Gently press small squares of grease proof paper onto the top of each pastry circle and fill with a few baking beans.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove the grease proof paper squares and baking beans and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove any rind from the cheese and crumble it into a small bowl. Add the beaten egg and double cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the pastry is done, allow to cool for 5 minutes before spooning half a teaspoonful of Taing onion marmalade into the bottom of each tartlet case.
- Top with the goats cheese mixture and bake for 7-8 minutes (my oven needs 10).
- Carefully remove the tarts from the tins and place on plates to serve. This works really well with a rocket salad – and makes a great starter or canape.