Foula Peat Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Digestive biscuits - 250 grams (broken into small pieces)
- Mixture of raisins/sultanas/cherries - 10 oz
- Dessicated coconut - 3 oz
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Margarine - 5 oz
- Golden syrup - 2 large tbsp
- Grease a 9" x 13" tin and set aside.
- Mix crushed digestive biscuits, dried fruit, coconut and cocoa powder together in a large bowl.
- Melt margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan over a low heat, being careful not to allow it to boil.
- Stir melted ingredients into the dry and mix well, ensuring all the crumbs are well coated.
- Turn the mixture out into the prepared tin and press down firmly all over with a hand inside a poly bag.
- Leave until set before cutting into squares.
Optional: drizzle the cake with melted chocolate after pressing it down in the tray.