Chocolate Mocha Cake
Servings: 8 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Ingredientsfor the chocolate mocha cake
- butter - 12 oz ((or margarine))
- caster sugar - 12 oz
- self-raising flour - 12 oz
- eggs - 6
- cocoa powder - 3 oz
- kahlua - 2 fl oz ((or coffee))
- double cream - 3 fl oz
- Betty Crocker Vanilla Icing - 2 tubs
- cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- mocha drinking powder - 1 sachet
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease and/or line two 7 inch cake tins.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add the cream and kahlua/coffee and beat well.
- Fold in the cocoa powder and flour and combine well.
- Spoon into the prepared tins and bake for one hour.
- Leave to cool in the tins for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare the frosting, mix all of the ingredients together well.
- Sandwich the cooled cake layers together with the frosting.