Shetland Summer Fruits Picnic Cake
Servings: 12 slices
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- unsalted butter - 175 grams
- caster sugar - 175 grams
- Shetland hen's eggs - 2 large
- self-raising flour - 175 grams
- ground almonds - 100 grams
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- mixed Shetland summer fruits - 300 grams
- icing sugar - (to dust)
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ 160 C fan and grease and line a 20 cm round cake tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Stir in the vanilla.
- Sift in the flour, and add the ground almonds. Combine well. The mixture will be thick.
- Fold in the fruit and spoon into the prepared tin, levelling the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a skewer, inserted in the middle, comes out clean and the top of the cake is lovely and golden.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with plenty of icing sugar and serve!