Alison Morrison's Mince & Tatties
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 30
- Shetland beef mince - 1 lb
- onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- carrots - 3 (finely chopped)
- neep/swede - 1/2 (finely chopped)
- water -
- thickener (Bisto, OXO, gravy granules, etc.) -
- salt and pepper - (to taste)
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Brown the mince and the onions in the oil.
- Add the carrots and neep and fry for a few more minutes.
- Add enough water to cover and thicken with Bisto, OXO or gravy granules, as desired. The package will tell you how much to use depending on how much water you've added.
- Leave to simmer until the gravy is nice and thick and the meat is tender.
- Best made the day before and reheated. Serve with plenty of creamy mashed potatoes and vegetables.