Servings: 2 large loaves
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Nutmeg - 1 tsp (ground)
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp (ground)
- Cloves - 1/2 tsp (ground)
- Ginger - 1/4 tsp (ground)
- Shetland eggs - 4
- Salt - 1.5 tsp
- Sunflower oil - 250 ml
- Caster sugar - 620 grams
- Pumpkin puree - 300 grams
- Water - 180 ml
- Plain flour - 525 grams (sifted)
- Bicarbonate of soda - 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line 2 or 3 loaf tins (depending on size - 2 large or 3 smaller tins)
- Mix together spices, eggs, salt, oil and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add pumpkin purée and water and combine thoroughly.
- Sift together plain flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add to wet mixture and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared loaf tins and bake for 60-75 minutes, until golden on top and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. You might need to loosely cover the top with foil for the last 15 minutes to prevent burning.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Loaf freezes very well.